View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 06:54 PM
NZquilter

Originally Posted by Sew Freak View Post
You are going to have so much fun with her. My GD is also 9 and wants to learn to sew. I don't know what machine to suggest but I got a used machine at a garage sale. It is in the basement waaaay in the back but I believe it is a Golden Touch and Sew...maybe and I paid $30 or $35 for it. I got it with her in mind and because it has a set of block style embroidery letters. My only recommendation is that if you hit garage sales or estate sales you might want to check them out and you may have to ask if they even have one they want to get rid of as sometimes they do they just didn't get around to setting it out. I will be giving this to her this year as part of her Christmas present and I don't feel bad that it is used as I don't know that she will come to stick with sewing or this may just be a phase. (I know you all know I'm cheap! But before I'm cheap Grandma is 'smarter' than she is cheap.) If she finds she really likes to sew I would like to get her a better machine as this one doesn't have some goodies that I've come accustomed to.....but that's a few years down the road. Have fun!!!
I don't think your cheap-- you have a head and you're smart!