View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 10:01 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Your question is a bit confusing.

Are you asking if you rent time on a longarm and do the quilting the rental fee is only for the amount of time you are using the longarm. You must provide all materials.

If you are asking about having your quilt longarmed by a professional many do not include batting in their rates. But some do. You really need to contact the longarm quilter to see if batting is included. For those that do not include the batting, some people send the batting with the quilt top, others will pay to use the batting the longarmer has available for sale. For my longarming I offer to sell batting, I carry 3 different types but I often can not compete with the price of larger retail operations (like connecting threads, etc) I do not include it as part of the per s/i price for longarm quilting

For those that do include the batting in the price of quilting you need to ensure it is the type of batting you want to be used. Many only offer one type that is included and it may not be the kind of batting you want. In those cases I am sure you can provide your own batting or pay extra to upgrade to the kind you want.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 11-14-2017 at 10:03 AM.