View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 04:10 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

So I was reading this thread http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-36387-4.htm and decided to hop over to Craigs list to see if there were any treadle machines as I have always wanted one. I can only describe it as divine intervention and meant to be. There on craigs list was a treadle sewing machine for $75.00 with a picture. She looked in good shape from the picture and the seller was right on my way home. I couldn't believe my eyes when I got there and told the guy it was sold and I would be right back from the ATM with cash in hand. As soon as DH gets home I will post pictures. Needs a belt and I need a manual but based on my preliminary web searches it is a Singer model 27 with the sphynx decals. The serial number is L1027083 and I found a website that said it was manufactured in Elizabeth NJ in September 30 1901. The old girl appears to be in really good shape and I can't wait to get her up and running. I think I got a good deal! The cabinet has 4 drawers and a drop leaf and the cover is basically just a hard wood box that sits over the machine. At this point I can't even figure out how to thread her! :lol: I'm so excited!