View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 06:08 AM
redstilettos

Morning folks,

Months ago I created the color theme swap and have seen much success and great fabrics sent from one end of the country to another. It’s been fun for me, and hope it has for you, too! Since the inception, I’ve had a lot of requests to do “this” color next, or don’t ever do “that” color or I won’t join, etc. I’ve tried to keep the swap the way I had intended, by drawing colors at random so it is fair and not geared more towards any one particular person’s request. Sometimes we get the same people, sometimes different ones, and sometimes they drop out for other reasons…but we’ve always had more than the minimum amount of swappers, so we don’t get duplicates back. Nice!

What are your thoughts on the process? Would you rather I take a vote during each swap for the next color? We’ve already done Blue, Purple, Pink, Orange, Red. We have all KINDS of things remaining: Yellow, Aqua, Brown/Tan, White/Cream/Neutral, Black & White, Floral, Polka Dots, Brights, Civil War, floral, Black Background, White Background, Batiks, Pastels, Sewing Motifs, Animals, Children’s theme, Primary Colors, Holidays….the list is long ladies. If we do change it over to a vote, I would do so in the room and not via PM, with each participant getting one vote each. No commentaries along with it, just….one single vote. I suggest this so it is transparent to everyone. “Whatever the rest decides” is not a vote. Hehehe.

Your call. Vote? Or Keep drawing out of the hat?
Thoughts? Comments?