Old 11-16-2017, 09:40 AM
Iona D.

Default Be Honest With Yourself (& Us)-Where Do You Actually Purchase Your Fabric?

I been away for a long while. Not that I forgotten all of you my online "family." I am now in the physical production of my yearly supply of new quilts for the Late Fall/Winter/Early Spring seasons. Yesterday while I was in the middle of patchwork assembly, I came up this new topic. Not only just fabric purchasing chain store vs. LQS or the like. But do you separate the types of quilts everyday utilitarian ones from the best occasion gift-ish "Sunday" ones by fabric selection from these sources.

For myself, I no longer give away quilts as gifts. Never very appreciated anyway in my personal experience. Plus the major financial and time expense for something so precious and time comsuming & costly! Best quilts require more storage space than I have available. right now. The utilitarian ones do not require any special space or treatment and last & last just as much as the better store's ones-with careful selection at the time of purchase. Although I do fancy quilts (with the resulting trips to the fine LQS pr similar fabric stores) at times for tiny projects right now.

What is your personal experience with fabric selection and quilting style choices by these constraints?

Last edited by Iona D.; 11-16-2017 at 09:49 AM.