Old 11-19-2017, 03:56 AM
Geri B

Default Thanksgiving dinner/bringing parts of....

After many many years of being the person/place where family had thanksgiving dinner - and I doing all cooking - this year gd just having moved into townhouse wants to "have" dinner there for family(approx 12)---but we "bringing parts of dinner". I am assigned, by choice, sweet potatoes and stuffing for part of main meal....now my question......how do I do this....crockpot, casserole for her oven?? When I did group, I have several crockpots going, roaster for turkey, leaving oven for dinner rolls or whatever else....I will have to bring half of my kitchen as she only has stove and micro......would be much easier to just go there for dessert! But wait, she has no coffee pot....ill bring instant coffee!

Am am I just blowing this out of proportion....I guess I'm just so used to being the cook and my home being command central, I am at a loss as to how to coordinate this. And yes, I'm bringing the dishes and silverware too - service for 20 - was my MILs and has served this family well. I do give her credit for wanting to do this, and I'm sure we will all have a good time! I think I'll bring a bottle or two of wine too---better bring some wine glasses too.....and sparkling juice for the kiddos!
Happy Thanksgiving to all - we do have much to be thankful for!