Old 11-19-2017, 07:50 AM
Becky's Crafts

My family & friends always love anything hand-made, so I really have no problems there. I have made my sister several items either designed for fun, quirky amusement to a large lap sized African Safari quilt which I made for them when I heard they may not be able to return to Africa. Her son asked for one of my quilts and I asked him his favorite color and 1 batt or 2. I made it a pictorial of his accomplishments from teen to present & he doesn't let it out of his sight. My youngest daughter just bought a new house last year & gets a big tree for her family. I made her a beautiful tree skirt to really show off her tree. She loves it as well as the horse panel which I made for myself originally, but gave to her because it was hard to hang in the one little spot I have to display my quilts. It was a much bigger panel than I'd expected. My older daughter loves snowmen, so I've made her some items with them. I've also made her a queen sized quilt in her favorite colors. One quilt I'd made was a free BOM & I hated the design as it was modern & I'm very old fashioned/traditional. I finished it, because it was a learning experience with many techniques & then I was going to burn it. My granddaughter saw it and begged me to finish it and give it to her...so I did! So some will surprise us over the years, but I find everyone to be very pleased with my quilts. The only one who gave me trouble was a cousin who wanted a King sized quilt for free. Very picky about colors & designs. I still have the quilt & we may be selling it sometime soon. People who know me, might give me a theme & let me choose the design. I just have fun with it and don't worry too much about it. My son likes outdoor hobbies, so I'm making him a quilt now about hunting/fishing with a picture of him on his motorcycle & perhaps a fish he'd personally caught. I'm sure he'll love it! Basically, I agree with Jeanne S as to enjoy making the quilts, give them with love & if they don't appreciate it, don't make them another.