Old 11-19-2017, 09:02 AM
linda8450

I have sewn all my life, but just got into quilting a few years ago. First quilt class I took we made a disappearing 9 patch. Each student used their own fabrics from Christmas prints to mine with a 30's look. I was amazed at the diversity when these quilts were finished. But I had no use for mine. It sat in a closet and I went on to things that interested me. Then our minister's daughter had some major health issues and that quilt called me to the closet! I gave it to her and she was in tears. She is grown now, and still mentions it. Then I gave personalized quilts to my DIL's family members. Each one was special for the recipient. Music, golf, Elvis, etc. They were a hit! I recently gave a lovely quilt with bible verses to a couple for their wedding and I have never heard a word. I see them at family functions (DIL's family) but not a peep! They won't be getting ANY gifts from me EVER! I made custom designed quilts for my 4 grands, and they have been worn to death, so I made new ones. I gave a french braid to my daughter and she takes pics of it all the time to show me it is being used! I love making baby quilts for Linus and our local women's shelters, and QofValor so I stay busy. I have wrapped many a soldier with QofV quilts, and seen the appreciation there. I just love to sew and quilt, so I keep doing it. I have 1 quilt for me!