Old 11-19-2017, 09:58 AM
MarionsQuilts

For my family, it depends on the person LOL ... I've gifted my sister with three Jenny Byer's quilts, and she used them for her cats to sleep on. I wasn't amused, and said so. Her response? Well, at least they are getting used. She doesn't get any more quilts from me.

My mother used the one (yes, ONE) quilt I made for her for my nephew (sister above) when he was really sick, and he had diarrhea and vomited all over it. She's never got another one!

My dad - of all people - has three of my quilts! One is a lord of the rings that is hanging on the wall, the other two are for him when he is watching TV - one is a lap quilt, the other is a huge rectangle so his whole body is covered!

I have had requests from some cousins, aunts, etc and I've done them, and they have been appreciative.

I make about 30 quilts a year (none are full bed size anymore) and I donate all of them to various charities. By December 15 I have dropped off all my quilts at different places for them to be handed out over the holidays.