Old 11-19-2017, 10:06 AM
mountainwoman

Hum...I guess everyone's approach to making quilts for someone else is, indeed, unique. I can't imagine not remaining motivated once I've started a quilt -any quilt- but perhaps when problems occur or the design isn't working, that could have a negative impact. I can certainly relate to your statement that you can't keep quilts around long enough to build up a gift stash! I do not have in my possession a single quilt I've made for my personal use. The quilt on my bed, lovely though it is, is store-bought. It's embarrassing! I did make a log cabin throw using Moda's Roses and Chocolate II line of fabric for myself, BUT, as you pointed out has happened to you, when I finished the top and added the borders to it, my long-time friend from my home state, a woman I call "sister of my heart," came to mind; I didn't know it at the time, but I was making it for her. It is beautiful in its simplicity, and I don't dare attempt to quilt it myself, so for the first time, it will be quilted by a lady in my quilting group that does all our quilting on her long arm. So, I still don't have a quilt of any kind! Thank you for your comments!