Old 11-19-2017, 10:28 AM
mountainwoman

Well said! It is natural to expect one's gift to be appreciated, if for no other reason than to acknowledge the effort involved. Of course, I suppose if the recipient isn't a quilter and knows nothing of the process, he/she may not fully understand the effort it takes to create a quilt. I hope the quilts I've gifted bring pleasure to those to whom I've given, but I don't really give it much thought once the quilts have left my possession. I'm too busy planning my next project! As for charity quilts, my quilting group and I work on two or three projects at once, but each of us at one point or another create quilts on our own for donation. I'm not part of the decision-making process as to where these quilts end up, and I don't need a thank-you, so I don't need to know the recipient's name. I like to think, and I certainly hope, that the quilt brings some a moment of joy and a very real sense of comfort; that possibility motivates me to continue to create quilts for those in need. OH, I loved the idea your cousin had and that she displays the quilt you gave her in such a manner! I'm wanting, in the spring, to redecorate my apartment, using a country (farmhouse?) decor. It would never have occurred to me to use a quilt on a dining table!