Old 11-19-2017, 10:47 AM
mountainwoman

Yes, and I have just the quilt in mind! I am still learning, which is joyful for me, so after watching a video (Donna, Jordan Fabrics) on making a disappearing nine-patch, I purchased 1/2 yd. each of five different fabrics, using the example in the video as a guide. Well, the pattern itself worked out well, but I really, really do not like the quilt (throw size). It is SO not me -all that bright color (I'm a calico or vintage fabric type of girl). When I bought the fabric (on sale), I thought, "well, it is good to step outside the box, right?" Not in this case. I showed it to my quilting group to get advice on which color or colors to use for a border or borders, but I prefaced my question with, "I'm not sure the whole quilt should be a "disappearing" one." They did not agree. The thing is, I can't even bring myself to go get the fabric for borders. I'm not sure what lesson I learned on this one, but I consider this quilt to be a mistake. But, then, hey, it isn't the first one and certainly won't be the last. I don't see myself falling in love with it; I see it as being donated because someone out there must surely love color!