View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 08:15 PM
Tothill

Originally Posted by nlgh View Post
Like you, I don't like seeing misspelled words or incorrect grammar used in books I buy. I think quite a bit of that is the auto check usage by their computers. The computer is not grammatically programmed yet. So if the word itself is spelled but improperly used. the computer doesn't "know" that. A computer is only as good as the person, or persons, behind the program.
Oh, I agree with misspellings in books. I had read almost all of Louis L'Amour's books when I got of copy of Comstock Lode. I was excited because some of it took place in BC, during the Fraser River Gold Rush. I was so incredibly disappointed when I saw the Frazier River mentioned in the text. I never bought another one of his books and I had bought and read them all up until that one.

MS Word does have grammar checking capabilities now. If you are writing it will put the red underline under misspellings and a blue underline to suggest grammar changes.

For those who may not be aware; if you right click on a work that has the red underline, you will get suggested spellings. You can also add words to the dictionary too.