View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 02:49 AM
Janice McC

Rose, the colors are beautiful and I loved your comment about the "evidence of the battle". Boy, I get that! Happily, your battles may be evident to you but not to me or likely anyone else. Congratulations on a fine UFO finish! Toot, Toot! Love the dragonflies

Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
I finished this one yesterday. It's been many years on the back burner. In fact, it started out as someone else's UFO. I bought many of the 4" strips at a garage sale maybe more than 15 years ago (!) from a gal who said she'd decided to move on to other crafts. You just know she probably had those strips around for at least a few months before that. I liked the fabrics, but didn't have any idea what to make. Eventually I learned about Jelly Roll Race quilts, and this is somewhat inspired by that, though wasn't done entirely that way.

There are 45 different fabrics, some of which were added fairly recently. The dragonflies were done on the embroidery machine from a design I bought on Etsy from seller, sophieslittlebits. It's for a queen bed, but oversized to accommodate the taller mattresses, 100" square, the biggest quilt I have ever completed. It carries a lot of evidence of the battle I did with it (and didn't always win), but at least it's a quilt at long last. It's going home with my daughter after Thanksgiving.