View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Aaleigha

Tirnhi and Celeste thank you for my lovely welcome

Celeste - I am so new to this I thought I would start with doing a stack and slash quilt as I have many fabric off cuts in pinks that I can easily get a 10" square from

I thought doing this it would give me a lot of practice using a rotary cutter - I bought one yesterday and have never used one before - I also thought it would give me good practice on learning about a scant 1/4" seam as there will be a lot of seams that within the blocks it wont be THAT important if my 1/4" isnt as accurate as it should be

and then the joining of the blocks the border wadding and backing will I hope be similar for all quilts I make and then of course the stitching

My friend is due to have a baby in late June early July and I am hoping to have something nice for the baby by then - is it possible and what size quilt would you all recommend for the baby

If I start with 10" squares and loose about 2" due to seams how many do you think I should make

actually lets start at the beginning and ask what I should consider in my materials selection - then if I have to go buy some to go with what I have that will be fine better to find out now than later

Hi Katherine
I am from Wiltshire so not close enough to you to pop round for a cuppa and a lesson or two :)

I am so excited about this new adventure - I feel like its christmas and I have pressies waiting to be opened
Tirnhi and Celeste thank you for my lovely welcome

this is fabric I was give and plan to use in the baby quilt do you think the mix will be ok

fabric I was given
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8036[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-8036.jpe