Thread: Shallow drawers
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 10:40 PM
quiltingcandy

The inside of the drawers are 23.5 in. wide and 15.5 long/deep (towards the back). When I first saw the example the lady had put glued in dividers so the thread didn't go all over. I hope to do that some day but for now I have been using spice holders (I think they are from Ikea but may be the Container Store - fortunately for me the stores are 2 miles apart) and baskets I found at Walmart. I do like the spice holders because they hold 36 thread spools and I can lift the entire rack out of the drawer when I am looking for a color. The baskets were a temporary fix to see how I would like them. I had the spice holder strips originally and they did not keep the thread in place so I cut up the strips and put them in the bottom of the baskets. So far I am not crazy about them but are doing the job. I like my thread on its side so I can see the color easier.
Another version I saw they had little wooden dowels glued in and they were far enough apart so the thread set in nicely - but the drawer does not pull all the way out so I think that would be a problem.
Attached Thumbnails img_1073.jpg   img_1072.jpg  

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 11-27-2017 at 10:47 PM.