View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Quilter2B

When we lived in Oregon we had major problems with fleas. My Roxy was in such an itch, bite, scratch mode that she had a mohawk on her tail. When we moved to Arizon, presto - no flea problems. Now we are in SoCal and I am seeing the little buggers again. Doesn't seem to affect our Choc Lab as much but Roxy is having a really tough time. I feel so bad snapping at her all the time to stop scratching. I'm going to try the salt thing on the carpet and I have to admit, I don't wash their beds as often as I should. We do give them brewer's yeast tablets with garlic (thanks wally world) but my husband recently read somewhere that too much garlic isn't good for dogs. Our Choc Lab is pretty good about taking her meds (she has a bad knee) and its funny she'll take everything except than itsy bitsy tweeny weeny 81 mg aspirin - i don't know how she knows what it is - so I just pile up her brewers yeast, pain med and aspirin in my hand and she eats them like treats before I feed them in the morning. Roxy has to smell them first bbefore she eats them and as for my my cats, one will eat them like treats and the other turns her nose up at them. Funny how they are, just like kids.