View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 09:58 AM
Belfrybat

Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
Rob, the extension table sounds like it will get plenty of use... and just think, you DIDN'T buy fabric!!

Belfry Bat, like PaperPrincess says, cut it smaller. Or even just take all those 2 yd fabrics, stack them together and cut into 2 1/2 strips, and roll them up into a "homemade jellyroll"... then find a jellyroll pattern, and voila!! You've used your stash!!

And like others have said, even though this year's moratorium is over, I'm going to continue, as it doesn't really look like I've made a dent in my stash or my UFO's... even though I actually have.
Great minds thinking alike! I spent a couple of hours early this morning stripping. I use a QuiltCut 2 and the cutting bar is 3", so I stripped FQs and small yardage pieces into 3" strips. The nice thing about the QC2 is I can easily cut 8 layers, so I went through one tote really fast. Only 5 totes left to go, then I'll look at the 1 yard pieces. Now I have to figure out how to store them so they don't get all wrinkled again. My iron had a real workout and she's tired.

I found this Strip Twist pattern on Quiltville, so think I'm going to start with it using 3" instead of 2-1/2" strips.
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/strip-twist.html. I also like the 3 Dudes quilt from MSQC, but not the small blocks, so I think I'll try it with 6 strips instead of the 4 she uses.