View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 01:54 PM
NewNonni

Default Uncomfortable at classes

I don’t know why I continue to take classes at local quilt shops and quilt events. I often am pleased with my work when I make things by myself and out of love. I do not have an expensive machine nor fancy equipment. Especially at the Quilt shops that sell expensive machines, I often feel taught or surrounded by people that make me feel they are “better” than me. I also feel slower than the others, like it takes me more time to catch on. I feel like there is a race going on. I know it is probably lack of confidence.
I decided I would stop signing up for classes, for it is no fun feeling inadequate when I am at these classes.
I listened to a Podcast by Leah Day who was interviewing Bonnie Hunter. They were saying you don’t need the “best” or top of the line of everything to make wonderful quilts . As long as you can sew a straight line.
I feel that the things that I have loved to do for many years have turned into Big business with an “attitude”.
Am I the only one who feels this way?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-28-2017 at 02:16 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS