View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 07:27 AM
MarionsQuilts

I take lots of classes for a variety of reasons - learn new techniques, meet new people, share ideas, etc. I am however, a very quick learner LOL so am usually the first one to catch on to what the instructor is saying.

What I do with it is important (I'm not trying to make myself look better than others, just something that I have learned I am good at). I will watch what other people are doing and if I see someone struggling I will do one of two things: offer to help, or ask a question to slow the class down and get the instructor's attention.

I am an extrovert LOL but I have a number of friends who are introverts and are too shy / embarrassed / unsure about interrupting or asking for help, or feeling like they are inadequate. I use my "personal" style to try and make sure that everyone is following along at about the same pace. I would never try and make someone feel bad about being slower, or not understanding. I might be quick in the quilting classes, but stick me in a math class, and I'm at a total loss LOL

Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and I feel that those who are particularly strong in something should help out those who are struggling. Who knows, that person that you just helped might have a strength where you have a weakness!