Thread: Living Frugally
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 02:49 AM
ConnieF

Well we turn the heat way down at night and when put a wool blanket on the matress then made the bed it was so much warmer at night. And one on the top also. and long flannel PJ's.
Generic brands and coupons. We found some of the generic brands just as good as and some better than what we was buying. We stock up on thing when on sale. Have almost quilt buying red meat so high. We put our extra auto on park insurance and we called the phone company and said we are thinking of shuting it off, they put us on a lower program. I buy big bags of fresh vegis at CostCo's and cook and put in the freezer. They don't stay ther long and are just like fresh. Just the 2 of us so I cook for 6 and we freeze the extra or have 2 days in a row. And a snack. Make bread in machine. Only flush toilet if a big job or company. LOL Save's many gallons of water. We put the lid down, again just the 2 of us. Turn lights off if not really using it. Put up okey curtains between kitchen and living room. On a spring rod, makes a huge diff, the sky lights in Kitchen I made a cover for both windows also on spring rods. Made a diff too. We have not eaten out for months. And like one of the other ladies said more brown long cooking rice and dry beans and soups and stews. Wash only full loads or turn the water level way down for a smaller load and do one load rigth after the other so the dryer is still warm and I hang a lot in the down stairs bathroom. Never put under clothes in a dryer they last longer. Mae heavy curtains on pressure rods for all the livingroom windows at night when no sun shining through.
and I probably do more I am not thinking about right now, oh like only going in the car if ther is more than one thing to do then I map it out and do as much as I can in one day. I used to go to Joanns and quilt shops at least 3 times a week no if I get to go once every 3 weeks or so to use a 40% or 50% off coupon for a skin of yarn or a yd of fab for something.... This not working for 1year 4 months has put a crimp in my life and husband been out of work since last Aug. Less than half what we was used to. So we are cooler LOL, skinner, more time to walk, and trying to figure out what else to do to save a dollar. We plan on a huge garage sale this spring. I have a lot to get rid of. Some things still in boxe's. My husband folks passed away 1 year and 2 months apart and we have a lot of ther things. We gave so much away and still have too much. So I also have been very busy with my stach I have build for so long and getting an ETSY site set up.... If you are one still working and would like a nice gift for yourself or a friend or family please PM me at ConnieF To all those out there, we are all in this together and we will make it through it. We must have faith and trust in God.