View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 09:19 PM
kristijoy

Originally Posted by Chasezzz View Post
Many of you here have enjoyed exchanges with JustJan, who joined the Bee mid-year and hurried to catch up on all the blocks she had missed. She always had good observations and advice, had a wonderful sense of humor, and provided a few good recipes on some threads here on QB.

I "met" Jan on QB and since this past February helped her with medical visits, because she had no family nearby. Last evening Jan lost her battle with an infection. She has mentioned here that she was on chemo for a good part of this year (a number of comments about her "chemo brain"). Her immune system was very compromised, even though she completed her cancer treatment at the end of September and was just on maintenance meds. She was hospitalized November 6 and moved to hospice earlier this week. Her beloved dogs, who were her world, have a new home together with a local family.

Jan found a home here on QB, and all of you who interacted with her brightened her days.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about Jan. Your story though just warms my heart that friends here in cyber space can become our friends and helpers in real life. What a blessing. She will be missed. I'm so glad the dogs have a new home.