Old 12-01-2017, 01:03 AM
themadpatter

Originally Posted by tscweaves View Post
I have been fmq and doing ruler work on both my 15-88 and my 201-2 and have had good success. I finally figured out on the 201-2 I needed to loosen the bobbin tension a bit. There were a couple of direction that sometimes gave me grief. I keep going back to the treadle, but I am still finding it a lot to handle all at once: treadling, rulers, and moving the quilt around. The electric just gives me one less thing keep track of, as long as I remember to lift my foot when I run into trouble! LOL

I did try fmq on my VS2 but it was quite frustrating. I think that was a combination of never treadling or quilting before. Nothing like jumping into the deep end
I wonder if its the weaver in us, but I am just like you in that. Lol, no lack of confidence here, at least at the beginning of the project. I've done it so many times, too. Macrame? Sure. Only I want to make a hanging pot with a bisqueware light holder on top, 2 pots, one under the other, and a table. What could be so hard about that, right? Lol, Plenty, you little heathen!