View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Onebyone
Power Poster

I don't walk out of my bedroom in the morning until bed is made, furniture dusted, floor is dust mopped. I don't leave the bathroom until sink and mirror is wiped, shower is wiped down with towel, toilet bowl swished. DH is up before me so when I leave the bedroom everything is clean. Takes about 15 min. extra after dressing. Same with kitchen. I leave when it's all clean including wiping down front of fridge, oven, dishwasher. I have nothing on my counter tops so it's easy to wipe them clean. Put dishes in dishwasher and clean coffee pot. Sweep floor. Done. About 20 min if food is cooked for breakfast. The living room has a quick dust mop and furniture wipe. Done. I start with a deep cleaning of the rooms then do the upkeep everyday. It's cleaning a clean house, don't wait until it gets dirty. Big cleaning jobs are done one room at a time on a Sat. morning. One room per one Saturday. Takes about 40 min. including the windows in that room. I go to bed with a clean house and wake up to a clean house with not much effort or time involved. A Mennonite woman showed me how to clean and maintain a home when I was first married. She said I needed help when she saw me folding clothes on the sofa. I've never done that since. LOL

Last edited by Onebyone; 12-01-2017 at 05:24 PM.