View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 09:39 AM
aborning

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Just checking in. It has been a while. I am in the final weeks of my semester at the university. I have a few extra strings to tie up this time around because I am leaving my full time faculty position for an adventure into retirement and only part-time teaching. I have to leave my office and my computer and my favorite big squishy chair. I also get to leave behind committee meetings, scheduling classes for upcoming semesters and demanding students who forgot to register for classes. On the whole it has been a joyous run for me and I would do it all again if I could, but I am tired and need a good nap.

No big plans for retirement but lots of UFO's to tackle and some promised quilts to make. I am looking forward to a less frenetic winter, spring, summer, and fall and will accept all advise about retirement. I am sure that I will need it.
You are so lucky. I am waiting for that retirement day which is many years away yet for me. I do long arm quilting for customers, in addition to my full time job a a Hotel Manager, so I am, like you, an extremely busy person.