View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 03:40 PM
MarionsQuilts

QuiltE ... thanks ... I have answered in your quote!!!! Any more thoughts are more than welcome! It's my first real one (not counting the first one I did that was way too busy!)

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
MarionsQuilts! .... Awesome!

Addictive, aren't they? - very addictive, I'm just not a patient person, so layouts like this are not my forte!

I love what you have going on here. Just play with the hexies and gradually move the ones that seem "off" to you, until you find what pleases your eye. For example, right now, for your centre of the spirals, I would replace that black one in the centre with an aqua, so that the two sides spiral out in the same way. Does that make sense? But that is my eye ... and yours may want to punch mine out!!!

Makes perfect sense, and I will definitely give it a shot! No, would never want to punch your eye! LOL I welcome all comments!

For the sides/top/bottom, consider what your plan is ... are you lopping off the extra 1/2's of the hexies to straighten the edges? If so, you may want to fill in the edges with 1/2s, so that you have a complete hexie plus the 1/2 outer row, and maybe this is already what is in your plans?

I have extras to fill it in ... I might also do a border, and have some come over the border

Here's a tip from when I took the class for this ... it looks to me that you have the 1/2s places side-by-siide, but are loose. They had us pin them together, so we could easily pick up a pair, and not worry about losing the other 1/2 as we moved it around to create the final setting.

The full hexies are pinned together ... which definitely makes it much easier - I used safety pins LOL Once I am happy with the layout (and get my designer board - waiting for Christmas since it is the only thing on my list!) then I will place them all on the designer board so I can sew them together by rows.

Right now I am just seeking tons on input / ideas from everyone, since I am so lost as to layout of each hexie! It took me 3 days of surfing the net and pinterest just to find a layout that I liked, now I have to work out the layout of the hexies!

I appreciate all the input!

Love it!! ............ anxious to see the finale!