View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Maralyn

Congratulations on your retirement and happy sewing. I retired from a full time job at age 62 (will be ten years next July) and then continued to operate my long arm business and did adjunct teaching (sometimes 3 classes a semester.)

My quilting room is NOT organized. I still have too many UFOs and that is what causes most of the problem. I volunteer at my church's quilting group and we receive donations of UFOs from many areas and we try to finish them at home.

My quilting room is in the basement, along with the laundry room, so laundry day is the longest block of time I get to spend quilting. I have had a lot of family issues in the last 18 months, caring for relatives with the loss of several family members, so my quality quilting time had to be placed on the back burner.

I have tried to work with "stash only" for the last couple years, but have bought for some specific quilts several times. If I see something special in the church donations that I need to go with something at home, I am usually able to take it as I have done a lot of tops for our mission work.

I think the important thing to remember is that quilting is supposed to be fun, relaxing and a way to create beautiful statements.