View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 06:35 PM
MaryMo

I received my package today. I was much impressed with some beautiful fabrics!!! I commend the swappers who followed the rules and thank you for the variety of beautiful prints. But I will not be participating again for these reasons:
(1) Out of 18 packages I received 3 sets of duplicates (6 packages). This is acceptable since I was the last package to arrive at our host. AND I can always use duplicates in quilts. This I can live with.
(2) Four of the packages had no board name attached to them. It is always helpful to know with whom I am swapping. AND it is part of the rules of this swap.
(3) One package had 2 sets of duplicate fabrics, that is 8 different fabrics.
(4) One package had 5 fabrics that included part of the selvage, one just shy of one half inch of selvage. That 5” square will useful as planned.
(5) One fabric was so thin that it will not be useful in any quilt project.

As I was thinking about this I took a look at the squares I sent out - my extras, my rejects and extra fabrics– and judged them as I judged the ones I received. I asked myself if I sent out as good as or better than I received. I let you provide input on this.

I was pleased that I received many excellent packages with perfect squares. It was those few squares in those few packages that made me conclude not to participate again. I noticed that there was little discussion about fabrics received and it made me wonder if there are others who felt similar disappointments.

I do want to thank our host for making this swap happen and kudos to the majority of swappers who sent superb fabrics. Because of you I will have a couple of I Spy quilts with a new variety of fabrics. Thank you!

Last edited by MaryMo; 12-07-2017 at 06:42 PM.