View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 04:11 PM
IrishMom

Default I've been lurking, but now I've joined!

Hello! I've been lurking on these boards the past two months and have loved the positive advice and encouragement given. I also have been interested in the fun swaps you have going on here!

I started sewing about 12 years ago and became frustrated with the amount of time it took to make my girls a cute outfit that they would soon outgrow! So I started quilting to create items which had a longer life. In the beginning I made baby quilts which were given away as gifts. I've made numerous tee shirt quilts for family and friends. I made a couple cute hanging quilts from a class which exposed me to more techniques. In the past year, I've been trying to make quilts which will stay in the family and made my first bedspread for our spare room which is Disney Themed.

With both my girls off at college I look forward to trying to fit in more time for my quilting and making more memories for me and others. On the top of my wish list of quilts to make includes a postage stamp or charm scrappy quilt for my bedroom (I've been gathering and begging for fabric!) My top projects to finish would be the wall quilt for my daughter made out of her old Snoopy Tee Shirts (about 30% percent done with the quilting!) and to finish my Christmas Scrappy Rag quilt (hoping a snowy weekend will allow me to work on it!)

I look forward to seeing all of your work and when I get mine done I'll be sharing some pictures.