Old 12-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Iona D.

Default To Boldly Go-Maybe-Where No Quilter Has Gone Before?

I just completed yet another cotton flannel quilt. Sewn from Joann's remnant leftovers collected over the long months/years, it now lays over both Minky & Fleece blankets to protect me from the awful drafts and chilling cold late at night. These mostly utilitarian quilts has performed beyond my expectations. I tried other types of bedding over the years from the most homemade mundane to the most store bought elaborate products and nothing worked quite like these quilts do.

I decided to go up one notch and sew up a theme special quilt honoring a massively favorite series called Star Trek. I am sure that there are plenty of Star Trek themed quilts abound out there. None like the one I envisioned though. I splurged and bought several yards of a particular Star Trek designed fabric from Camelot Fabrics. I hope to complete one by the end of January assuming that I can locate just the right type and color of the coordinating fabric. Time will tell if this one will be the one that will stand out as a "Sunday Best" one with the same protecting ability of the more everyday utilitarian earlier ones.

For now here are some photos of my completed and now-in-pre-production (designing stage including the main handpicked fabric) quilts.
Attached Thumbnails bike-panels-quilt.jpg   bike-panel-close-up.jpg   star-trek-full-fabric-panel.jpg   star-trek-fabric-insignia-close-up.jpg  

Last edited by Iona D.; 12-08-2017 at 09:57 PM.