View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 05:38 PM
DJ

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
Tell the truth--- is it possible for my dreams to come true?
It's absolutely possible but as others have said "life" can still interfere.

1. Can you keep your sewing area clean and organized after you retire?
I feel like I could/should, but it's not second nature to me, so it will always be a struggle.

2. Can you put together Large blocks of time to quilt?
It depends on how you organize your time. I usually procraftinate, thinking I will just go quilt in the morning for an hour or so. The next thing I know, it's 2 pm, and I'm still in my robe in the studio. DH has his own things to do usually out side, so he's not a distraction, and my children and grandchildren live in other states.

3. Do you actually use up your stash and happily keep from spending retirement funds?
I do use my stash more, but I still shop and collect SABLE (stash acquired beyond life expectancy).

4. Or, does your stash bore you and you keep right on shopping?
It doesn't bore me, but I still keep on shopping and buying.

5. Are the floor-to-ceiling stacks of magazines being utilized like you intended?
I've never been much of a magazine collector so this does not apply to me.

6. Are you able to take the classes, or go to the Sit and Sews like you planned?
Yes! After I retired, I met a woman who is now a dear friend, and we go to seminars and open sews regularly. You can't just make a friendship like that happen, though. We feel fortunate.

Enjoy your retirement. Your answers to these questions will depend on many variances in your lifestyle.