Old 12-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Tothill

I was never told when I was married that I snore, but my dd informed me this spring when were shared a room in an apartment on an extended vacation that I do snore.

I have ground my teeth since I was a child. I am sometimes aware that I am doing it, but I cannot hear myself.

I do use a white noise app when I sleep. It helps as I am a very light sleeper.

But my big bugaboo is that women are expected to share rooms and even beds, yet that same expectation is not put on men. Men are not told to economize and share a room. Even businesses expect their female employees to share a room, but the men get their own.

Other than with my kids, or very close friends, when there is no other option, I do not share a room or bed. I do not feel I owe anyone an explanation of why I do not want to share and I am happy to pay extra.

Having said all that, I will be going on an 18 day trip next May and will have a roommate. I am 51 and she likely will be 21/22. The roommates have not been assigned yet. I will bring her earplugs, use my white noise machine and try to remember my mouth guard. The trip is a great opportunity and logistically it is not possible to pay extra for a single room (small European hotels).