Old 12-11-2017, 06:33 AM
JENNR8R

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
I don't drink it, ever. Tried it as a youngster...found it bitter and unappealing. To each his own...
I've never been able to drink more than one sip of any coffee that I have ever tried. I always thought as a child that I would know when I became an adult because I'd start drinking coffee. My parents were heavy coffee drinkers all year long. I must not be an adult yet.

I tried a sip of black coffee, with cream, with sugar, with cream and sugar, international flavor... they all tasted foul! I finally decided that I just don't like the taste when I didn't like coffee-flavored ice cream. That is the only flavor of ice cream that I don't love.

Recently, I was given a gift card to a coffee shop. I bought some pastries and told the employees of my aversion to coffee. They said they would let me try theirs. Maybe I had tried poor-quality coffees before. I said "okay, give me a taste of your best coffee." They gave me a small container of their best iced coffee. I took one sip and almost spit it out. I wish I could have seen a video of the face I made. It was worse tasting than any medicine that I have ever had.

It baffles me how taste buds are so radically different in people. I've never understood the almost universal appeal of coffee-flavored anything.