View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Sandra-P

Default Help with an old top

A friend asked me today to finish a quilt top her mother did about 40 years ago. She showed it to me today and it is all hand pieced. There are some kind of stains in it, not terrible but it will need cleaned. I told her that there are those that will hand quilt it for her but he doesn't have the money for that. I dont want to quilt it on machine, I am not good enough to do that so I suggested that I tie it. I will use muslin for the backing, as it will go with the rest of the blocks. Her mother died almost 30 years ago, this has been sitting in a bag in a drawer and if I dont finish it then it will just sit there. My questions are, do I soak it before putting the batting and back on it? I really dont know what the stains are and washed my hands when I got home. I cant imagine working on it dirty. Also I have never tied a quillt, are there videos out there and also what do I use? I am doing this because I feel honored to be able to finish up something another quilter was unable to finish.