Thread: Tea -
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 09:37 PM
quiltingshorttimer

I am a die-hard tea drinker and have been since my early teens. (so 50+ yrs!). I do not drink fruit flavored teas (ptquilts, your George Carlin quote cracked me up) and don't like lemon in my tea. I start each morning with at least 2 cups of tea--usually a chai latte, but if not I will put the kettle on and steep it in my teapot. I'll either use a tea ball with loose tea or a bag(much easier to find it in the bags in the States). I often end my late nights with about 3 cups of tea. I will not drink Earl Grey or lady Grey--the bergemoth in them makes me gag--but about any other black tea works very well. I particularly like a black Kenyon tea like Robert Roberts (discovered in Ireland and can not find anywhere to purchase in the States!) or Barry's or Twinings, etc. I don't like Lipton's, although I do sun brew a liptons for iced tea in the summer sometimes. Until I went to Ireland I always drank my tea without cream or sugar, but now like a cube of demera or brown sugar in it and sometimes a drop of milk,too. This has made me thristy--need to put the kettle on!

Last edited by quiltingshorttimer; 12-11-2017 at 09:40 PM.