View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Izy

Well listen to this!!!! - I have just had a fantastic suggestion put to me by our fellow quilter extroadinaire - Cathy m. Cathy had read through my message on Henrys thread about Joann's purchases in the picture link, in which I asked if you all knew how lucky you were to have such a selection of fabric shops on your doorstep and to be able to buy as much fabric as you need, and I explained the sheer difficulty we have here in Spain in getting fabric and how during last weeks lesson at my quilting group we had all been in a frenzy trying to grab what we could from a couple of carrier bags of scraps one of the group had kindly donated.......

SO...... Cathy has suggested that if any of you have ANY scraps of fabric, unfinished, unloved, unwanted projects .... ANYTHING that you can bear to part with we would be absolutely over the moon to received them here in Spain, we have a lot of talented ladies and we could do so much more for our local charities too!!

Cathy says this would be a great way to relieve the guilt that all quilters feel when they have 'excess' hoards of fabric and unfinished/unloved projects that are cluttering up your sewing rooms so that by donating these to a severely 'fabric deprived' and frustrated quilting group' you will no longer suffer from the terrible guilt of having too much in your 'stash'!!! :D :D

So how do all feel about Cathy's suggestion?????

My address is:-

Casa la Joya,
Apartado de correo 609,
29740 Torre del Mar,
Malaga,
SPAIN.

Any donations will be greatfully received, and we will be eternally grateful for your generosity. :) :) :)