View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 09:23 AM
madamekelly

I have tried many hair styles in my life. The super long was fun, but gets caught on or in everything. The super short looked silly since I have a round head (think fuzzy basketball). I have very fine hair with waves where ever I sleep on it at night. If I wet it in the morning, it will be straight until I sleep on it again. I did try getting a permanent wave once done while I was in beautify school, but that is how I learned I have “glassine” hair (no cuticle, and cannot be permed). The results of the perm was a huge fluffy ball that I could not tame. Thankfully my hair grows fast since there was no way to undo the perm result. I always wear bangs since I have a huge wide forehead, and look weird without them. I hope I live long enough to see my hair go gray (I will be sixty in February). In our family you either end up with the thick wavy luxurious hair in dark brown to black (Dad had naturally blue/black hair), that starts going gray at 25, or you get the thin wispy “frog fur” that never seems to go gray. I got the “frog fur”. I have had way more than my share of bad hair cuts in salons (they always want to layer it to ‘free up the curls’) so now I just keep it cut in a gypsy that I do myself. I have colored it from time to time, but just do not want to fiddle with it anymore. I have always envied black women for their beautiful hair. So thick and soft, if it were mine, I would wear it in the natural style. I have always loved that look. Natural hair and classy earrings, beautiful. (This could just be my response to hair that is the opposite of mine, but I still see it as gorgeous.) Many of my family members have lots of ink. I never had the desire. I know me too well and I would get very bored with it and want to be done with it. I learned that about myself years ago when a dear friend did my hands with henna to practice the designs she wanted to do on her sister’s hands for her wedding. (It is a cultural tradition for them), and for three days I loved it, then I got bored with it and wanted it gone. Took weeks to wear off, which she had warned me about, but it drove me bats as it slowly faded away.

Last edited by madamekelly; 12-17-2017 at 09:28 AM.