Old 12-18-2017, 08:30 AM
zozee

Ta-da! I finished the binding last week and mailed it off. My sister should get it today. I wrapped it in Christmas paper because she wanted something to unwrap, even though she saw this in its unbound stage.

We had snow on the ground the day I needed to photograph and ship it. The lighting is at least better than indoors. (Don't worry; I didn't put a clean quilt on a dirty porch railing--I laid a blanket underneath it to protect it.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585636[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585637[/ATTACH]
I designed the horse medallion for quilting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585638[/ATTACH]
For the dark intersecting parts, I used a stencil. It shows up nicely on the back which--gotta admit--I got giddy seeing when all was said and done. You know, that little extra cool thing you know is going to be there, but it still feels like a surprise?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]585639[/ATTACH]

and finally, the label, which I've blurred for privacy.
This is a great use of a block that didn't turn out quite big enough for the front.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585641[/ATTACH]

I'm so excited (or as our 4-year-old say, "I'm so essited! ") to have her open and enjoy it.
As for me, I told hubby I have to make one for myself--I kind of miss the cozy warmth I had while binding it!
Attached Thumbnails img_3197.jpg   img_3200.jpg   img_3202.jpg   img_3207.jpg   img_3205-1-.jpg