Old 12-21-2017, 11:54 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Do you have a serger? Or could you borrow one? Remove the needle and thread, but leave the cutting blade in place. Depending on how accurate the strips need to be, you might not even need to mark the batting. You might be able to place a piece of carpenter's tape on the bed of the serger and mark a line on the tape 1-1/8" to the right of the cutting blade. I don't have my serger out, or I would take a closer look. Come to think of it, the tape might need to go on the face of the serger. I think I have actually done that in the past when I had to trim yards of draperies to fit some windows.

Upon thinking a little more about the electric scissors, I think the easiest way to use one would be to fasten it somehow to the edge of a table so that the cutting blades are 1-1/8" from the table edge. By keeping the scissors stationary, you could feed the batting to the scissors using the table's edge as your guide.

Neither an electric scissors nor a serger will be quite as accurate as rotary cutting, but both would be a lot faster and both would save your hands from a lot of stress.