Thread: Lasagna
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 04:02 AM
jmoore

I made my sauce yesterday and will build my lasagna and bake it today ... will reheat it for our Christmas gathering tomorrow. It always tastes better when you make it ahead so the flavors meld.

I make a homemade sauce using half sausage, half ground beef, onions, red bell peppers and garlic then add 28 oz of San Marzano tomatoes, 1 15-18 oz jar of good marinara or pasta sauce and 1/2 cup of pesto.

I mix 15 oz. ricotta with 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, one egg and chopped fresh parsley. Start with a bit of sauce in the bottom of your pan then layer with dry noodles, meat sauce, ricotta and grated mozzarella, repeat. I will also be adding some fresh spinach leaves in my layers today because I have some to use up.

I do not precook my noodles, they will cook in the sauce. Cover lasagne tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil top with mozzarella and bake another 15 minutes. Let cool a bit before cutting so the lasagne sets. When you make it a day or two ahead, it is easier to reheat and serve.

We just sold our specialty food and market of ten years and we sold a ton of lasagne. : )