Old 12-22-2017, 07:47 PM
Pat G

Default Pcs

Originally Posted by ragamuffin
Does AB mean to put A and B together, right sides together?

No. NO. It’s supposed to be ONE pc. I just cut one out & because of your question, I was especially careful. Fortunately for me, in the past I cut out an acrylic template of A & B as one pc.
The directions will tell you when it’s time to do that AB pc. After you do a Pc B, (#7) lay your 60 ruler in Pc A position. Cut only L side. I put pins in fabric at R side corners of ruler. This is just to help keep your flipped ruler in place. Remember this is supposed to be cut out as one pc. Flip the ruler over being sure to line it up with pins. Then cut on R side. You now have your AB pc. Do not move your fabric during this process. If you do, it’s easy to get your pattern messed up til your stripes won’t work. I’m assuming you’re using border print.

After all pcs are cut out, sew 3 triangles for each end together. Sew the 4th one to AB pc. That gives you a straight seam to join the halves together. Pay attention to the pattern of every pc. because it’s easy to mix them up.

No no matter how many of these I’ve made I found I had to trim some seams to make them fit. I carefully match stripes of the border print so it’ll look good.
Laying the pcs out can also be a puzzle so turn things til you get your frenzy.

I hope some of this helps. I mentally tried to run thru what I just did. Good luck.
Pat