View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 03:19 PM
Ellen 1

Originally Posted by DeneK View Post
I bought a Robert Kauffman layer cake package thinking if all the colors are from the same designer and already sorted as a grouping, how could I go wrong? Well this is definitely wrong. I didn't like it from the time I started putting it together. But it was the first time I ever used solids and thought if I persisted, it would get better and that when finished, my talented LAer would be able to add magic to give it interest and texture. But when I saw it spread over my friend's queen size bed to see how it would fit the size, I absolutely hated it... I have started taking it apart. But is there anything I can do with the blocks to make it better. Separately the colors are nice. Together they just don't seem to work.

The intended recipient wants something with teal -- has teal and brown bedroom.
You just need to rotate the blocks and spread them apart more so you don’t have a big clump of one color all together. Also, you could add the teal color if you are making more blocks. Don’t waste time ripping it apart....the recipient will probably like it. ;-). Just add some teal.