View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 06:02 PM
buddy'smom

I do agree, you have to watch everything, shame the sewing supplies have gone so high, a mat is now over 50.00?

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
Glad you got some good deals. i don't buy much there any more, never without a coupon. But I've started wondering about the pricing/coupon system. Early this week I went in for rotary blades, cookie tins and some of those big decorated storage boxes they always have. There were single blades on the rack, but no 5-packs - which is what I wanted to get with a 50% off coupon. At checkout, the clerk asked if I'd found everything I needed and I mentioned the blades. She said they are now behind the counter. Although it's too bad that they have to do that now, I completely understand. It would have been nice if there had been a sign saying that on the rack... They did have some, so I used my coupon and got a 5-pack, normally $39.99, for $20.

Anyhow, when I got home I was shopping on Amazon and decided to check the prices there. Same Olfa blades, a 5-pack is $14.99, or I could order a 10-pack for $30. So they cost less, no extra stops when I'm already busy, no lines... Guess where I'll be getting mine from now on? Why don't they just make their prices reasonable and do away with the onslaught of coupons?