View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 07:19 AM
HudsonsBend

Thank you everyone. I have absolutely no plans of making a tutorial, selling a pattern, or anything like that - I just am wondering about selling table toppers as I made this one. (This particular one is a gift but it was well liked by friends). Jan Krentz was the author mentioned elsewhere, but I didn't want to use her name as I'm unsure as to the full rules of this forum so far. But yeah, hers is so much more complicated) If my past sales are any indication, I might get orders for 10-20 of these, not anywhere near mass production.

The confusion as to whether copyright is on the instructions and not being allowed to replicate the instructions for sale, or if it prohibits sale of the final produced product, is so confusing that it almost makes me not want to make quilts for sale, but I know that there must be common sense at some point.

I made this design in EQ8, and figured out that there were 8 strip sets of 4 colors each. So, 8123, 7812, etc. I simply made 4 45 degree cuts from each of the 8 strip sets, then sewed together. The setting triangles were harder - they are all Y seams.