Old 12-27-2017, 06:09 AM
mhollifiel

No!
Let me share my "in progress" story about this. I live with my DIL and son. Their first, Luke, was born last Valentine's Day. DIL asked for quilts from both her mom and me. Her mom is not a quilter but made a wonderful, cuddly tied quilt. I made a bit bigger pieced top from fabrics DIL picked out. They have both been used to pieces. Just this very minute, my quilt is folded into a bumper across the fireplace hearth since our little fella is a wild explorer! While I ate breakfast, 1 was looking at it and thinking I should have made it about 10 inches taller! LOL! Then, last October, DIL and I decided that we needed a ginormous quilt for Luke to crawl around on both indoors and when they go camping. That got done and is often employed. I ought to know, I do the wash when here!

I can't seem to find time to get all the quilts made that the grands keep requesting. The latest came Christmas Day when visiting the other son. My 8 year old grand asked me if I could make him a Mario quilt! I ordered the makings right then and there! They have already got other quilts I have made and they are showing WEAR! Hip, hip, hooray!!
Maybe they are all just trying to keep me busy but I doubt it. I stay busy enough without help making about 100 charity quilt tops a year, leading a charity sewing bee, working for the local Assistance League, gym, travel, etc. I think they genuinely love, use, and need quilts in their lives and the evidence points to that. My son needed a "quilt" to put on the floor while he started assembling his wife's outdoor fire pit inside. He went out to my car and got the "car quilt" (the one my grandmother made me for college that's been rebacked and is close to retirement) to spread out to work on.

My final take on this is: If you make quilts that can be used and abused without question, the lucky people you make them for will do just that and feel your love for them as well. Take a chance! Make them another quilt!!