Old 12-27-2017, 09:46 PM
MimiBug123

I think I started because I like "stuff." I started out with machines that matched rooms in my house. Aqua went in the dining room, pink in the guest room, etc. Then I discovered vintage Singers. I already had my grandmother's 1904 66 treadle, which is what I learned to sew on while sitting in her lap. My legs were too short to reach the treadle. Then I found a 1951 15-91 Centennial edition at a neighbor's garage sale for $50 and it sews like a dream and is in a beautiful cabinet. In the meantime, I collected machines that were interesting. I have a 1953 Bond machine, which is the same model as me. I also started picking up Featherweights along the way and now have 6, ranging from 1936 to 1953, again, same as me. I now have about 40 machines and am going to start thinning the herd. Our church sends a group to a Mexican mission twice a year. I've already taken one treadle and plan to take about 20 more machines. I need to service some of them first, but that will help with our downsizing. My children sure don't want them, so I'll send them to someone who does!

Last edited by MimiBug123; 12-27-2017 at 09:48 PM.