Old 12-28-2017, 12:33 AM
themadpatter

Lol! It's like we are all the same person in different bodies. My first machine was the Ancestral Necchi I inherited from Mom, a Supernova Ultra Mark 2. You. Must. Never. Pass. One. By. Really, they are so marvelous. I started picking up machines at the GW, but I got icky plastic ones because I didn't know what I was doing. I refer to these as my "Tuition in the School of Life" machines. I did get a Singer 27 hand crank during this phase, though. I recently realized I never cleaned it when I got it, because that was before I learned how. So, its in the bath line.Then I was in the furniture GW, and they had a Kenmore 117.XXX for $.99. Yep. 99 cents. How could I pass that by? The cabinet was even pretty and shiny on top. That was my "Learning to Clean and Rewire" machine. It's all spiffed up and oiled and it runs really nicely. I'm rewiring the knee lever that is in the case, but I guess the wiring had cracked insulation, so they cut off the wires and put it on a foot pedal.
This is when things really started picking up, lol. I got a 185K because it was so cute and blue, and a 15 clone because- blue. (They overlapped- I'd already won the clone in an auction, but while it was traveling, I saw the cute one, and, well, you know the rest. I the space of a month, I got most of the machines I have now- the 301, 401, and the treadle. Along with a Necchi BU because it was a Necchi and only $20.00. I should have looked more closely at the wiring, because that's why it was so cheap. More tuition. So, aside from the all or nothing, I think I've succumbed to every temptation on your list.