View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Barbm

I do a fair amount of "donating" quilts as fund raisers for our family reunions (there are 3 a year). I know that the majority of them are displayed- one is on an antique sleigh bed, my sister has 2 in her guest room. They get oohed and aahed over before the raffle- I specifically tell them they are to be used and loved and they are not professionally made. I did have 1 experience with the quilt police picking at my mismatched seams when I was first learning, but a comment to the reunion committee that I wouldn't make anymore quilts because of them and the quilt police were told to either donate a quilt or shut up.

I make my quilts to be used, my sons have them on their beds, my future daughter in law loves the one my son and I made for her. I make baby quilts all the time- big enough to spread on the floor for baby to play on. I don't think I'll ever have the expertise level that many of you do, so I make them to be used. My seams are better, my sewing is better each time. My latest purchases- a new machine and frame and I know my quality will be better too. I'm in it for fun, not to be a quilt police.

Barb