View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 12:00 PM
quiltingcandy

When I was getting ready to retire in 2010 I decided to buy a new machine. Up until that point I had a 1950 Singer 15-91 that my mother received as a wedding present and a 1925 Damascus treadle machine that belonged to my great Aunt May. My LQS is also a Janome dealer and had a sale on the Janome 6600P and I love it. I had always wanted a FW and bought one off the Shopgoodwill.com. (I got such a good deal.) When i took it in to my local sewing machine repair guy he asked me if I was interested in an embroidery machine. No way - too expensive - but he made me a deal on the store demo model that I couldn't refuse. It's a Viking Topaz 25. Luckily he didn't tell me about all the extras I would need - because I probably would have walked away. But I have fallen in love with it. And have never regretted the decision. My DH was telling a friend about my purchase and when he said it was the best investment ever - not because of what I did with it but how happy it has made me for the past several years.