Old 12-29-2017, 05:28 AM
Mrs. D

Originally Posted by idoqlts View Post
I have two of the "stacks". Where did you get the black plastic inserts? Those rods that run the length of the drawers are a pain in the neck! Thanks for any into.
Family Dollar Store has all kinds of plastic bins, and these "thread spool size bins" caught my eye right away back in 2012 when I was setting up the studio. I know what you mean about the file card rod taking up space in the drawer. I removed some of the rods (experimented) and stored the rods in a wastepaper basket for safe keeping under my sewing space. With pliers and some effort you can remove the exterior brass button end from the card file interior rod. The brass button fits snugly back into the drawer front hole. You could glue the brass button in place with something like E6000 glue in a tube. However, I'm keeping my possibilities open by saving the rods. The next person who owns my home and studio might want the rods back in the vintage drawers for whatever reason. My thought about restoration of vintage and antique items is, "preservation if possible". So that is the only reason I haven't glued the brass buttons in place.